Getting Started in Information Security13 Sep 2014 in Security
I’ve only been an information security practitioner for about a year now, but I’ve been doing things on my own for years before that. However, many people are just getting into security, and I’ve recently stumbled on a number of resources for newcomers, so I thought I’d put together a short list.
- Brian Krebs and Bruce Schneier put together some thoughts
- Stephen, aka Average Security Guy has a good discussion, mostly focusing on certifications
- Chris Grayson’s “So you want to be a hacker” presentation
- Reddit’s /r/netsec wiki maintains a good page on getting started
- Pentestify suggests some exercises and resources for newcomers
- DC801’s list of InfoSec Resources